Sunday, 10 July 2011

A bit busy

The more observant of you may have noticed that things have been a bit quiet blog front of late.  Well, for that I apologise, but I'm sure you will agree that we have a fairly decent excuse.

I discovered the news that we were expecting a baby on the morning of Friday the 13th of May (slightly spooky) after just 'having a feeling'.  We had been planning on booking our summer trip to Africa that weekend, so I thought it was a good idea just to be sure that we had the go-ahead to fork out the rather large sum required for the flights.  Tim happened to have been away on a course all that week, so I did the test on my own without telling him.  Two blue lines appeared in the little window almost immediately!  After freaking out slightly and re-reading the instruction leaflet several times to make sure it was definitely a positive reading, I pulled myself together enough to get to school on time.  Later on I snuck out to Boots at morning break and bought another test, once again positive!  I somehow managed to get through the rest of the day before I was able to dash home to Tim and share the news with him.  I had wrapped the positive tests in gift wrap and ribbons, and upon opening them, we both burst into tears!

So was the pregnancy planned?  Well not entirely.  We had discussed trying for a baby towards the end of the year after our big African trip and once I was back at school in September.  But I guess accidents happen and really the more we've thought about it, we've realised that there would never have been a perfect time to start a family.  As Tim said, there's was always going to be something stopping us, so really it is almost easier this way!  I'm just grateful it all happened so easily, and although it was a little bit unexpected, we really couldn't be happier.

1 comment: