
There's something slightly sad about watching a group of past-their-best rockers perform. I got a similar feeling watching Mick Jagger a few years ago at Western Springs. These guys even filled the first three rows of the National Event Centre in Birmingham with young, gorgeous models to make themselves feel young again - I'm sure most of these girls wouldn't know one Guns n Roses song from the next.
Still, it was a good concert, with all the classic head-bangers being played. The best moment was when lead vocalist Axl Rose screamed at everyone in the stands to get on their feet, "rock and roll ain't supposed to be f@*&^n comfortable!" It was just a shame it went on a bit too long, with no trains or public transport back into the central city, Tim and I were stuck with a very long and frustrating wait for a taxi, putting a bit of a dampner on what was otherwise a great night.
No comments:
Post a Comment