
It was Tim's turn to plan our 'date night' this month. I was told to dress up in 1920's style - easy enough as we still had our costumes from Estelle & Simon's engagement party. Later I discovered we were going to a 'Future Cinema' event, held at the amazing art deco styled Troxy theatre in East London. The whole event was themed around the film Bugsy Malone, right down to the characters who directed us into the theatre which was decked out as 'Fat Sam's Grand Slam' complete with dancing girls, a band, bar, boxing ring and Italian food canteen. We were entertained by the banter between the characters who mixed and mingled with the crowd and got everyone involved in the goings-on, it was sometimes hard to tell who was acting and who was the audience as everyone was so well dressed up! After watching the actual film later in the evening we were all told to don our plastic ponchos and handed plates of shaving foam reading for a massive 'splurge' fight before the 1920's style disco. Such a brilliant night, how am I going to beat that next month?!!
No comments:
Post a Comment