Wednesday, 11 April 2012

Mackerel



Tim dragged me out on a two hour mackerel trip on the harbour.  I was unsure how a rocking boat would combine with morning sickness but it was a beautifully calm day so was not a problem for the most part.  It ended up being lots of fun, especially as I caught more than Tim, much to our Cornish captain's delight.  I don't think he expected much of the blonde girl boarding his vessel, but little did he know I am an expert fisher-woman after many summers spent on the boat patiently waiting to catch a trout. This was much more fast and furious though, once the mackerel started biting we were hauling them in, throwing the lines back out only to immediately hook more fish.  I even managed to land five in one go, much to everyone's amazement!  And I've never tasted fish as fresh, our catch was taken straight back to the cottage to be gutted and grilled for lunch.  Not bad for a morning's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment